Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Not just a novelty

posted by dansdata on 10/03/2008
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Quite easy to use. Scoop some tea into the bottom half of the "note:, click it together, immerse in hot water. Has enough capacity to easily make a two- or three-cup pot of tea, not just one cup. No worrying plastic smell or flavour added to the tea.

Cons:

The holes are a couple of millimetres in diameter, so fine tea will get out through them. Also so tall that it probably won't be possible to hook the top of the "note" over the rim of your cup; it'll just sit in there like a swizzle stick.

OtherThoughts:

My first set of these got squashed in delivery, but DealExtreme immediately agreed to send a replacement. This second set is A-OK.

Bottomline:

If you like fine-grained tea ("tips"), and don't like the idea of straining it AGAIN or dealing with a lot of "dregs" in the cup, you'll need a metal-mesh infuser instead. Plastic infusers just can't have small enough holes - some fine tea will escape from even a metal infuser.

But for coarser un-ground leaf tea, or coarse herbal tea, these things will work fine. Ought to last quite well too; the plastic will break if you stand on it, but not if it just falls off the table.

I'll be sticking with my little spring-loaded metal infuser for making single cups, but that's because I like fine-grained tea.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections