Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Very happy with it considering the price

posted by Sherlock3 on 12/04/2012
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:

Good quality considering the price. Haven't tested it yet because I'm still waiting for the batteries. However judging buy the reviews I've read and the videos I've seen on You Tube, it's got good throw comparable to more expensive brands. I like the look and feel of the torch. It feels solid and is a good weight for it's size. The finish looks good but I don't know if it will scratch easily.

Cons:

The threads are not square cut and and not well machined. The switch does not feel very sturdy and the rubber boot feels a bit too thin - I hope the switch lasts longer than I expect.

OtherThoughts:

It has a glow in the dark 'o' ring on the inside of the bezel, which is a nice touch. The cree LED is centered well and it has a deep smooth reflector which is good for throw. When I get the batteries, I'll ad to this review and give my thoughts on it's performance and mode switching.

Bottomline:

So far I am happy with the torch and glad I purchased it. If you want a good thrower at a bargain price I recommend this torch. However, if you intend to use it very frequently, you may want to consider buying a more expensive, better quality torch designed for professionals such as the police or security guards. I you want a torch for the occasional camping, hunting or hiking trip, this torch is worth considering

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections