Customer’s impression:
pretty good
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Accurate indeed (but...)

posted by realthk on 10/03/2008
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Great little device that reminds me my early days with electronics, when I had only analogue multimeter :-)

As it doesn't need battery at all (well it does for resistance testing - but I'd reccommend a digital one for that anyway), you can leave it on all the time!

Some kind of measurements (like of a sound signal) can only be done with analogue multimeter or oscilloscope.

This one works suprisingly well - but only if you use a different cable for it!

Price reflects build quality: mine has some paint smeared, and the paper behind the hand isn't flat.

But mostly: throw away included cables at once, for those are totally useless! First I thought this multimeter isn't accurate: a new AA battery was measured as 1.2V instead of the correct 1.6V

Changing the cable to a proper one, the reading is spot on though (and using that crap cable on another multimeter, that shows 1.2V as well)

DX probably should include proper test cables, as someone who has no other to try might think the multimeter is not accurate - while it's just those crappy cables

If you know how to use (and for what) an analogue multimeter, it is a great value - but rather take price as $13 and order sku.6504 cable as well! (that cable is perfectly good quality)

Post comment

DX Everywhere