Customer’s impression:
pretty good
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Accurate indeed (but...)

posted by realthk on 10/03/2008
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Great little device that reminds me my early days with electronics, when I had only analogue multimeter :-)

As it doesn't need battery at all (well it does for resistance testing - but I'd reccommend a digital one for that anyway), you can leave it on all the time!

Some kind of measurements (like of a sound signal) can only be done with analogue multimeter or oscilloscope.

This one works suprisingly well - but only if you use a different cable for it!

Cons:

Price reflects build quality: mine has some paint smeared, and the paper behind the hand isn't flat.

But mostly: throw away included cables at once, for those are totally useless! First I thought this multimeter isn't accurate: a new AA battery was measured as 1.2V instead of the correct 1.6V

Changing the cable to a proper one, the reading is spot on though (and using that crap cable on another multimeter, that shows 1.2V as well)

OtherThoughts:

DX probably should include proper test cables, as someone who has no other to try might think the multimeter is not accurate - while it's just those crappy cables

Bottomline:

If you know how to use (and for what) an analogue multimeter, it is a great value - but rather take price as $13 and order sku.6504 cable as well! (that cable is perfectly good quality)

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections