Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Good bright light but BECAREFUL! FIRE!

posted by heavyguns31 on 09/05/2010
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Ok this is a good solid bright light. well made and comes complete ready to mount on whatever. I went with an r2 led bulb switch after awhile and it will withstand all the 12 guage recoil you wanna subject it too. solid for sure. Now.....

Cons:

I finally ended up mounting this on a 9mm uzi carbine using a deal extreme tactical rail I mounted on the forward hand guard of the weapon. It works great. Now I go and put it in my closet where it stays and somewhere along the way it tipped and pushed the pressure switch...so the light was on. well it ran long enough to actually catch the thing on fire. No kidding! Fire in my closet along with what has to be toxic fumes from the burning batteries. totally cooked the whole unit. Could have been a disaster but I was home and smelled the noxious battery fumes. So becareful it doesnt rest on the pressure switch!!!!! BTW the thing is also too long.

OtherThoughts:

good product but be careful

Bottomline:

Its too long and for the same $$ get the 501b with a pressure switch. usues 2 less batteries and just as bright. also use a r2 bulb. will increase ur runtime 10 fold.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections