Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• some clarifications

posted by andyvphil on 04/17/2009
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Was cheap, no reason to think I can't make it work.

Cons:

No support on site. Would at least like to see the pinning, even if it's a well known standard to the cogniscenti.

OtherThoughts:

I'm writing this now only because the other reviews cry out for some immediate clarifying details. I bought it to link to a HD TV that has an S-video (and HDML and various RCA-plug type inputs; definately composite but also probably RGB) input but no VGA. I bought DealExtreme 10282 as well as this "20099813" and got two that looked exactly the same, and like 10282 not this one. I hooked up only the S-video connection but the neither the Toshiba nor the Sharp TV recognized the other's presence. Which is neither unexpected or particularly disappointing at this stage. Modern monitors signal both their presence, power status, and ID (for loading drivers) to their hosts and a laptop isn't going to waste power powering its external monitor interface unless it gets at least some of those signals.

Bottomline:

Expect it to be a project. I did.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections