Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week
- No drivers needed.
- No additional software needed.
- Computer sees the remote as a "keyboard".
- Decent built quality for the price.
- Battery included.
- One of the buttons on my remote gets stuck occasionally.
- The "MEDIA CENTER" and "SHUTDOWN" buttons are not key strokes like the rest of the buttons.
- The key press events do not repeat if you hold the buttons down (except for the volume buttons). This is frustrating especially with the direction keys (Up, Down, Left, Right).
This is a very good PC-remote for it's price. You can use it in any program that has customizable keyboard shortcuts. And ofcourse you can easilly cath the keypress events in your favorite programming environment, since the buttons simulate a normal keyboard.
You might also want to check out the picture is posted about the buttons' keycodes.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.