View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Great product, perfect for its intended use – VAP11G USB IEEE802.11b/g Wi-Fi Dongle Bridge - Blue Reviews

posted by untg99 on 10/09/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
Pretty easy configuration and setup once it is plugged in. Range and speed is acceptable. Great great product for its intended purpose. You can also use a USB plug pack to power the device.
Cons:
Does not support online/web configuration (probably would be hard to support anyway), meaning you HAVE to have the drivers. I stored mine in my dropbox so always have access to them although they are available online. Does not support Wireless N, not a biggie really.
Other:
My setup was painless and worked first time. I've lent mine to my dad but after realising it doesn't support wireless N (and chagning my router from N only to N/G) I'm getting it back and using it on my TV.
Bottomline:
Great product for connectnig ANYTHING (TV, Raspberry PI etc...) with a USB port and a network port to your wireless network. Most TV's have a USB and Network these days but not always wireless so that's good.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections