DX  » Community » Reviews » Portable 0.7" LCD Pill Style Medicine Reminder Drug Timer Box - Yellow + Green (1 x AG13)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
A must for antibiotics! – Portable 0.7" LCD Pill Style Medicine Reminder Drug Timer Box - Yellow + Green (1 x AG13) Reviews

posted by Zzazze on 04/17/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
It won't open by accident, it's easy to use and it remembers the setting (so that to set it for your next pill you only have to use the 'c' button). It's nice looking and it feels nice to the touch. The beeps are noticeable, but not annoying. It'll go "beep-beep, beep-beep" 10 minutes before it's time (4 beeps), it'll beep 8 times when it's 5 minutes before the time, and it'll beep constantly at beep time (until you press 'c' or turn it off. It has a switch inside to turn it off completely when you're not using it. It's big enough for a lot of pills. It's small enough to be in a purse, drawer, backpack or nightstand, but big enough that you will not spend too much time looking for it in your purse.
Cons:
The locking mechanism may break if handled harshly. It can only be on one setting at a time, so if you want to keep two different countdowns (say, for a 12 hour pill and an 8 hour pill) and never have to worry about which pill you need to take / resetting, you'll need two units. Since it's a battery powered gadget, you need to replace the batteries once they run out, but if you forget to do so for a long time and leave pills inside it, they may become contaminated by the battery. It doesn't have different compartments for different types of pill. Perhaps it could be a bit cheaper.
Other:
It works by countdown; 'a' and 'b' set how many hours and minutes will be counted down. 'c' can pause the countdown if held for 3 seconds, or restart the coundown if it's just ended. a + b pressed at the same time will reset the settings. I had always had trouble keeping up with 8 hour antibiotic treatments, so when I saw this I knew it was for me. Sadly I've gotten sick, so I'm taking antibiotics right now, and I haven't missed a single one thanks to this little thing.
Bottomline:
It takes out some of the stress of being ill. I may order more to use as gifts. If you saw this product and thought maybe it'll be nice to have it when you need it, then the answer is yes, it will.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections