DX  » Community » Reviews » Portable Solar Powered 4000mAh Battery w/ Charging Adapters
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 4
Powerful external backup battery – Portable Solar Powered 4000mAh Battery w/ Charging Adapters Reviews

posted by Cubytus on 01/18/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
Gives a lot of juice for its size. I could charge a single small phone from dead to full in a few hours, and there was juice left in it to keep another, more powerful phone from shutting down. Feels sturdy and well-built. Can charge an iPad from 0 to 40% in 3 hours. Not full, but hey, current is supposed to be limited at 1A, not the 2A the wall charger gives it.
Cons:
Solar panel really isn't charging much. Seems more like a gadget than a real feature. Even in full sunshine for hours during summer, I couldn't get more than one LED worth of battery level to light in a day. Shipped cable has flimsy connections. Better use the original USB cables from your devices.
Other:
I charge it with a Motorola mini-USB charger, set it in my bag and forget about it. Manufacturer should ship it with a better cable.
Bottomline:
This is a good backup battery when you tend to forget to charge all your devices before leaving.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections