Sort by:
9 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:898 (89%)
  • 4 Star:111 (11%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good and cheap

posted by aj666 on 10/04/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Is a cheap USB HDD enclosure. The double cable is a nice touch that does not have many of the others enclosures. The cable is quite short, but I think that's enough.
    Cons:
    The disc couplings are weak and the plastic cover is easily damaged, but are not important things (considering the price of the...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great!!!

posted by arielvilas on 09/25/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    I´ve received this article at ARGENTINA at about 25 days from the order. It seems to be durable the aluminium case, and it comes with a leather black cover like the photos. very easy to use: connect the HDD, put it inside the enclosure, close it with t...
    Cons:
    Not recomended to get the HDD in and out the enclosure so much times, it seems that the plastic parts will be broken, but it is...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    cheap and good

posted by dmatrix on 07/01/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Great cable with two USB ends. worked very well on all PC and various OS. work on all USB ports, either, USB2.0 or USB3.0. Operating in 3.0 transfer speeds reached 5gb. Great Case aluminum, allowing very good cooling, the same old HD in Case warmed too.
    Cons:
    cable a bit short and stiff using the USB ports on the front panel of the PC was necessary to connect the other connector USB c...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excellent, durable, fast and cheap.

posted by otavioamcamargo on 06/20/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    - The item is very compact - Do not heat - Is very cheap when you compare to other goog quality products - it do not use an external power supply, just uses the usb power.
    Cons:
    - The cover should be fixed by a button or something like that, just it.
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Does the job, with no frills

posted by monnier on 01/18/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    It seems to work fine, the Y cable is welcome, although I did not need it until now (but I have needed it with my old PATA enclosure), and its aesthetics is quite accpetable.
    Cons:
    None of my tools were able to get detailed info about the disk, e.g. no SMART data, no hdparm info, no control over spin down. ...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Price/quality=best

posted by filthysademo on 12/12/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Easy to assemble, decent quality. Really aluminium. Fast as f**k even with 5200RPM disk inside (more than 200MB/s). Free tiny screwdriver and the pouch made of whatever. Normal sized USB on both sides of the cable.
    Cons:
    Other side of box than the cable is is not very tightly fasten. Found the same one in my country (czech republic) for just +1€....
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good product

posted by coyotito69 on 10/21/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Very strong enclosure. The price is awesome. Great for rescuing important files from those old IDE drives. Perfect of running live linux distros on any PC on the fly. Still not tested with USB 3.0, but the rates with 2.0 are correct with small and large files.
    Cons:
    None by now.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Easy to assemble.

posted by arielinson on 10/04/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Comes in a box with a thin leather like pocket pouch + small screwdriver + cable. The USB 3 cable has additional connector for an extra power supply which is good. The cable is also colored blue which helps me remember to connect it to the USB 3 port.
    Cons:
    No complaint whatsoever so far. Maybe they could sell another version of this product without the extra screwdriver and pouch f...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Real Usb 3 performance.

posted by kolpator on 03/27/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Im using this box with my 500gb seagate hdd without problems. Actually this hdd belongs to my portable iomega drive. I ejected the drive from its original iomega box(usb 2.0) then inserted to this box. My mainboard has nec renesas usb3 controller. Im us...
    Cons:
    Well, i have to b honest; considering price there is no cons. But,usb socket(box's socket) not too strong. So you should be car...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections