DX  » Community » Reviews » A301 Vehicle Car OBD Multi-Function Trip Computer - Black (3.0" LCD)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 4
good product for OBD-II interface for performance – A301 Vehicle Car OBD Multi-Function Trip Computer - Black (3.0" LCD) Reviews

posted by radcomtech on 04/04/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
Purchased for display of fuel consumption, after some reprorgamming and two test trip, very useful tool for the two Gasoline Trucks, but not accurate for Diesel (as expected): 2003 Ford F250, 2000 Explorer SUV XLS and 2005 Dodge RAM Diesel Cummins 5.9. Once the 330value was adjusted using 500Km tank-fill tests, the trailer load factor was accurate around 2% and I believe the "instantaneous value": the air intake measures also helped me tune the Fords cold air location a bit
Cons:
expect to study the vehicle economy using the tank-fill method calculations in the brochure over 1000KM to "tune" the device. Write it down; the A301 has no memory between vehicles: you always start "fresh" from default
Other:
very useful for one work vehicle at a Farm in CANADA and helps to tune out economies to about 10-15% which at $1.30Cd per liter can be significant over a longer period of time
Bottomline:
good device to tune up the vehicles economy, modify the air flow, habits, load factor in a truck, night time use required me to find the backlight and contrast settings; the manual is poor, fast & easy to hook up with only the one plug

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections