DX  » Community » Reviews » CompactFlash CF Card to IDE Hard Disk Adapter Card (IDE-44)
Sort by:
33 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:7023 (70%)
  • 4 Star:3010 (30%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works perfect like a SSD

posted by rubenfo on 12/01/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Small, good quality. Absolutely unbeatable price.
    Cons:
    IDE connector polarity is not simply to find. There's neither pin1 mark nor key-pin on IDE connector.
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Make your own SSD alike

posted by sandalian on 09/25/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Very cheap and useful. I build my own "poor man's SSD" for my old laptop with this adapter. I found the same products at local computer store, they cost more than $12 and that's insane! Thanks DX for providing good adapter in a very affordabl...
    Cons:
    You must find the pin that needed to be cut yourself. But there's many tutorial on the Net, just Google it.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    5 STARS product

posted by jcrueda on 08/08/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    The simplicity of this CF adapter is absolute, this means hard to die adapter, u can use it for life, very very strong. The PRICE is very cheap, the 2 things I want for all my stuff
    Cons:
    Nothing, the adapter travel around the world to my home and comes ready to plug.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good product

posted by SPIT79 on 06/03/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Easy to use and good quality. Good way to have an old Laptop SSD. Grabs perfectly in the hollow of a normal hdd 44 pin. Very cheap, I recommend it.
    Cons:
    I have not found any defect but could have a place to screw it to the laptop.
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Perfect for you mobile device

posted by fsilveira on 05/15/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Very good quality, didn't have any scratch in it and is made with very good quality products.
    Cons:
    The pin numbers aren't labeled and the best part is that you must cut the pin #20 before using it. It doesn't come with any cas...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    CF to IDE-44 + Puppy Linux = New Life!

posted by dlmancheno on 03/25/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    -Worked great on my very old Sony PCG-Z50SX (Pentium ][, 366Mhz, 192MB Ram (max), PuppyLinux Wary 5.5.1 and ADATA 1GB CF card. -The original 6GB (yes six GB) HDD in this laptop was very loud.
    Cons:
    -I tried using a Lexar 4GB CF (Platinum ][ 80x) but would not boot. Not sure if it was an issue with the "CF to IDE-44&quo...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great value for money

posted by jaccoruns on 11/27/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    This little converter does the job.
    Cons:
    It was shipped in a little plastic bag. No protection there at all. I had to spend 30 minutes putting the pins straight. All pi...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Handy, but requires a finishing touch.

posted by Nesh78 on 09/26/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    It is cheap and it works. Provided you have an old laptop with no fans, you can build a system with no moving parts at all.
    Cons:
    The key pin is not cut out. If you put the device the other way around, your card can face severe consequences, ranging from pa...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Handy, but not quite off-the-shelf

posted by Nesh78 on 09/07/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    It is cheap and it works. Provided you have an old laptop with no fans, you can build a system with no moving parts at all.
    Cons:
    The key pin is not cut out. If you put the device the other way around, your card can experienced a real screwup, ranging from ...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works in Amiga 600

posted by Jupp3 on 11/23/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Works nicely on my Amiga 600. Although don't forget to lower the maxtransfer for your partitions, it didn't work properly before I did! Adapter
    Cons:
    Might not be the fastest adapter around, but I doubt there's any difference in Amiga 600 anyway... Pin 1 marked with square so...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 4
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections