DX  » Community » Reviews » JY-MCU Bluetooth Wireless Serial Port Module for Arduino (Works with Official Arduino Boards)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Really easy to hook up and works well – JY-MCU Arduino Bluetooth Wireless Serial Port Module Reviews

posted by thekanester on 07/24/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
This is such a cheap board to buy in the first place and it's a real bonus that it comes with breakout pins and a compatible cable. Connecting the board up is as simple as swapping connections between tx and rx between board and arduino and connecting +5v and grn to arduino board. From there, it's a doddle to send and receive serial data to/from the Arduino.
Cons:
There are no cons at all. However, I couldn't get the board to recognise any AT+ commands, but I am certain that it's my own stupidity that hampers me here, so do not be put off.
Other:
I have found it easy to write little programs to turn on and off LEDs remotely on the Arduino. I have some other peripherals arriving shortly, such as relays and Ethernet shield, so I should be able to get the kettle boiled from my iPhone before long!
Bottomline:
Bottom line is that this is really a no-brainer. It's so easy to get working and seems to have a good range and reliability that I cannot see any reason not to buy this, if you're after an Arduino-compatible bluetooth module.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections