DX  » Community » Reviews » JY-MCU 3208 Lattice Clock HT1632C Driver with MCU & Support Secondary Development
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 3
  • Usefulness: 5
Nice for own projects – JY-MCU 3208 Lattice Clock HT1632C Driver with MCU & Support Secondary Development Reviews

posted by DrJones on 03/04/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
Nice module with a nice LED driver. Comes with an ATmega8 just waiting to be programmed by you. Includes an ISP header. There are spots on the board to add several components like a temperature sensor or a battery buffered real time clock. Three buttons.
Cons:
The original clock software is a matter of taste, but the date display with chinese symbols is a con for most. Bought it for programming myself anyway. Mine is off by 6.5s per day. Some software adjustment is needed to compensate. Lacking documentation. It took me a while to finally get my program working. See the forum posts for my demo c-code. LEDs are organized in rows within each 8*8 matrix, which adds to software complexity. Also some easily accessible connectors for own expansions would have been nice.
Other:
Seems to be a red&green LED matrix with only red used. It would need two HT1632 to drive both colors though.
Bottomline:
Nice module for those used to micro-controller programming. Now trying to find a project for the second module I ordered :)

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections