No DD-WRT yet, but good value! – SL-R6801 802.11b/g/n 150Mbps Wi-Fi Wireless Router - White (Ralink 5350) Reviews
posted by hsthompson on 01/15/2012
Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month
- Works as a router
- Works as an Access Point
- Works as a wireless to ethernet converter
- Antenna is detachable, connector is standard.
- Decent throughput
- No DD-WRT or OpenWRT support. Kind of a big deal considering what this could do with it.
- Web interface programmed in a hurry, only works well with Internet Explorer
- No 300 Mbps... :-(
- No one knows who made this or where is the website...
- ...so no firmware updates.
- I haven't opened it yet, but would not be surprised if there were unused antenna connection points to add extra antennas, at least one.
- Yeah, no DD-WRT. But works very well even so, and if you have two you can have a very serviceable 150 Mbps wireless bridge for very little money. I might order a second one if I cannot unbrick my other router...
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.