DX  » Community » Reviews » Romisen RC-T5 4-Cree 3-Mode LED Flashlight with Holster (4xCR123A / 2x18650)
Sort by:
15 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:538 (53%)
  • 4 Star:477 (47%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 3
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    bright but only for a close distance

posted by Bernilupi on 01/29/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Novice (still getting used to it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    extremely bright. but the beam is four shaped. To fill the requirements of 500 characters I should tell you some redundant information. It illuminates well but... see next
    Cons:
    For four leds I would have expected too much light and farther distance. but not. there are other flashlights that get longer a...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    great flashlight

posted by rossi00069 on 11/06/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Extremely bright. I am using 18650, i read some about the cr123 batteries, maybe the flashlight becomes not so bright as with the 18650´s (i did not try....) Excellent machining, build quality, fit and finish.Feels very solid . On - Off switch has good...
    Cons:
    no negatives to write about, i am really happy to own this flashlight
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Brightness fluctuates

posted by ClickieClique on 06/06/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    On 2 freshly charged 18650's(TrustFire 2500 mAh)it is as bright as my P3D rebel on Turbo. Long runtime with two 18650's. Good fit and finish. Modes change with a half-press of the reverse clickie. If needed, the light can be used as a club to clobber scumba...
    Cons:
    Disappointing on freshly-charged 18650's. Difference between high and low are hard to discern. Everything is nicer on depleted ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Bright!

posted by isotco on 05/11/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Very bright, more then twice as bright as a Q5 driven @ 1amp. Gets warm but not too hot, has good battery life and comes with a nice holster. The build quality is very good, as is most of Romisen's flashlights. It has three modes, Hi-Med-Strobe.
    Cons:
    Could have been brighter. Doesn't really have a low mode. Protected rcr123 isn't the best fit in the battery tube, but you coul...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Could be driven harder

posted by Glowjob on 04/14/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    One of the brightest flashlights I own. I've read on CPF that if you mod it with a shark board it becomes 100% brighter. Has great look and rock hard body. Came with a nice case. HI-LOW-SLOW STROBE modes.
    Cons:
    With 4 crees I was expecting galactic time bending, space altering results but was dissapointed with its decent output. Its ab...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Bright but........

posted by harryo on 04/10/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Pushes the limit on how many power leds you can fit in a hand held light. Very bright without reaching the upper limits of the leds. Great fit and finish. Good run time, doesn't get too warm.
    Cons:
    Not the longest thrower, I have several, 3 led and xenon, that go out past this one. Not really brighter with 4 16340 then 2 18650
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Romisen RC-T5 - It might make your eyes bleed

posted by FRESHMAKER on 03/19/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Extremely bright. Excellent machining, build quality, fit and finish. Feels very solid (flashlight/billyclub?). Reverse clicky switch has good feel. Orange peel reflectors has great spill and flood. Holster is well made with velcro and snaps for 3 and 4 CR...
    Cons:
    Don't shine this light anywhere near your eyes. Ouch! I would have liked a high speed strobe instead of medium.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Incredible storm of bright white light!

posted by Gcharger on 03/03/2008 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Like the title says: huge amounts of white bright light. It has a easy to use clicky swith at the back. You can select two different brightness levels and one flickering mode. You can use four or even three CR 123A batteries. When using three, just remove a...
    Cons:
    None really
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Romisen RC-T5 4-Cree 3-Mode

posted by Jeanx on 02/27/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Bright. 4-Cree use 2 18650 or 4 cr123. 3 mode. 2 18650 give the same lumen output as 4 cr123. High power efficiency.
    Cons:
    Less bright then I expect. ~2700 lux @1m at low and 660 lux @1m at high. 8.0v 900mA or 17v 440mA at high (~7.5W). 8.0v 450mA, 1...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Not that bright for 4 Cree..

posted by rizki_p on 02/11/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    More crees means more lights that basicaly it. Solid Build quality. Nice Black Color on the body looks tough.
    Cons:
    Not bright for 4 cree equiped light. But i guess this is enought for your first time multi mode flashlight. Good thing is ther...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections