DX  » Community » Reviews » Digimate DVR Video Player+Recorder Hard Disk Enclosure
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 3
  • Price: 3
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Half Functional – Digimate DVR Video Player+Recorder Hard Disk Enclosure Reviews

posted by number4 on 03/03/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
Works just fine playing just about all formats, not H.264, but plays all the formats listed in the description.
There's little to no audio lag until you get to some higher quality videos but mostly unnoticeable.
Easy to use interface and quite easy to intall the HDD into the enclosure, and the unit keep nice and cool, which seems to be a problem for some of the cheaper units without a fan.
Cons:
THE RECORD FUNCTION DOESN'T WORK!
Don't buy this as a recorder, the recorded video goes blank every couple of minutes and comes back whenever it feels like it.
The indicator LED lights on the front are WAY too bright, they literally blind you in a dark room.
The fan's a little noisy but once the movie gets rolling it's not really that bad.
The unit did not come with any warranty or product support information.
Other:
Don't buy the unit unless you're willing to accept the loss if it doesn't work properly, because Dealexreme probably wont replace it. After I found mine to be faulty I emailed them for a replacement to which they replied "Since the product are not manufactured or designed by DX, regarding the problem you’re facing to, would you please refer to the product reviews of this item or post your question on our forum to check if any useful information provided there", and that's the last I heard of it and they wont reply to my emails anymore.
Bottomline:
It's a good quality player, but don't buy it for recording.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections