DX  » Community » Reviews » Digital Precision Scale (20g Max / 0.001g Resolution)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Well worth the money – Digital Precision Scale (20g Max / 0.001g Resolution) Reviews

posted by trevorhorn on 12/08/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
It's cheap and it works. Surely not a scale for professional use, but if you're happy with a precision around +/- 3 mg, it should be ok.
Cons:
Calibrating often might be a good idea. I've noticed the drifting upwards mentioned here - right after calibration, it usually measures the weight right (10.000 mg, or 1 mg up or down), but it starts slowly driving the measurement upwards after a while. So, trust the first reading. (And always do multiple measurements if you need high confidence)
Recently, the software developed a flaw - the Off button stopped working. However, when I press and hold the On button for a moment, it usually powers off. It did this occasionally before (holding On is supposed to take you into calibration mode). I can still calibrate though - if I hold On right after turning the scale on, it still (usually) takes me into calibration.
Other:
Bottomline:
I hope the software doesn't completely break down. Also, if I can't get into calibration mode, the flaw will slowly render the scale useless. Till then, it's fine value for the money.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections