DX  » Community » Reviews » Digital Precision Scale (20g Max / 0.001g Resolution)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
GREAT reloading scale! – Digital Precision Scale (20g Max / 0.001g Resolution) Reviews

posted by RecycledElec on 12/10/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
This is a great reloading scale for very accurate powder measuring. It measures to 1/100th of a grain! (I originally though 0.001 gram was a type-oh; it's not.) This is the ONLY reloading scale I've seen with a resolution of 0.01 grain!
The TARE feature works great to measure the powder in your powder scoop while ignoring the weight of the powder scoop.
I was worried about the 20 gram maximum weight. That's a bit over 300 grains, so you can measure powder charges and most bullets. .223, 9mm, etc should be fine.
The scale runs off x2 AAA batteries, so no worries about rare batteries.
Cons:
The lid will not close with the calibration weight on the scale.
The scale needs to be very stable to read. You can not trickle powder onto it to get the right amount.
The leather(?) sheath that comes with the scale is not big enough to hold the scale with its' lid on. I can not find a way to remove the lid.
It will not measure much over 300 grains, so your out of luck if you want to check bullet weights on a .45 colt.
Other:
If you don't know, reloading / handloading is the (legal in the USA) process of making your own ammo. I can reload 1,000 rounds of .32 ACP for under $100, while ordering it costs over $300. Also, I can make custom loads such as very light loads to train with (while avoiding the recoil.)
This scale is TINY! This is half the size of a 300 gram or 500 gram scale.
Bottomline:
GREAT RELOADING SCALE!

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections