DX  » Community » Reviews » 300KP Wireless WiFi/WLAN Network Surveillance IP Camera w/ 10-LED Night Vision/Microphone - White
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Good inexpensive wifi camera! – 300KP Wireless WiFi/WLAN Network Surveillance IP Camera w/ 10-LED Night Vision/Microphone - White Reviews

posted by zerodegrekelvin on 08/31/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
I cannot believe to get a PTZ wifi camera at this price and work flawlessly so far. The camera is up for 1 week now without any major hickup. To my surprise, the wifi on this camera is 802.11n single stream, even if the spec says 802.11bg (sweet...). I bought in white color as under sun light, it helps to keep the camera cold. I tested PTZ => pass. I tested Alarm motion detection with email using smtp gmail => pass. I tested Alarm motion detection with FTP => pass. I tested the video/audio in stream to VLC => pass, the audio is OK although there is some background noise. I disable the IR LED as the IR bounce back on my window and blind the CMOS sensor when I point the camera to outside, night vision is OK as there are some light on the street with IR disabled. I also test IR LED and in total darkness it works OK. I try Android app to view and it works fine, it also works ok on my old iphone 2g. I try ispyconnect on win7 and it connects no problem to the cam.
Cons:
Maybe the doc can be a little bit more precise. Email motion capture is a little bit blurry under low light when the subject is moving fast (like a car), probably the cmos is taking more time under low light. Not obvious to disable the IR LED, found the hint in openipcam forum.
Other:
The is an "SDK" cgi style to control/query the camera, which is nice. Since there is audio, one can use this little ipcam as a baby monitor and view it on all portable devices.
Bottomline:
Buy this wifi cam, it is a bargain, that is why I have ordered another one!!

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections