DX  » Community » Reviews » 300KP Wireless WiFi/WLAN Network Surveillance IP Camera w/ 10-LED Night Vision/Microphone - White
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Perfect for use with Synology Surveillance Station – 300KP Wireless WiFi/WLAN Network Surveillance IP Camera w/ 10-LED Night Vision/Microphone - White Reviews

posted by McOrmick on 10/30/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
* Works with Synology Surveillance Station; choose Foscam FI8918W and you can control the cam through the web interface and the available apps! * IR night vision is great, as long as enough distance to the object (or person) you want to capture is taken into account. * Daylight capture is also great, as long as there is no big contrast in the cameras focus area (ie sunny area AND dark shade). * Can control the pan and tilt as advertised. * Motors are quiet. * Motion detection is supported by the camera, but I let the Synology do it since I then can set a threshold (so that it does not trigger when only leaves move)
Cons:
* Needs one-time offline wired setup first, but no big deal. * Does not seem to support DHCP, but just give the device a fixed IP outside of the DHCP address space. * Very plastic-y, so be sure to mount it where no one can reach it.
Other:
I'd like to see a 720p version of this device and it will be even better!
Bottomline:
Great camera. Cannot be found cheaper anywhere, especially since it works with the Synology NAS devices. Highly recommended to buy.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections