Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month
* Works with Synology Surveillance Station; choose Foscam FI8918W and you can control the cam through the web interface and the available apps!
* IR night vision is great, as long as enough distance to the object (or person) you want to capture is taken into account.
* Daylight capture is also great, as long as there is no big contrast in the cameras focus area (ie sunny area AND dark shade).
* Can control the pan and tilt as advertised.
* Motors are quiet.
* Motion detection is supported by the camera, but I let the Synology do it since I then can set a threshold (so that it does not trigger when only leaves move)
* Needs one-time offline wired setup first, but no big deal.
* Does not seem to support DHCP, but just give the device a fixed IP outside of the DHCP address space.
* Very plastic-y, so be sure to mount it where no one can reach it.
I'd like to see a 720p version of this device and it will be even better!
Great camera. Cannot be found cheaper anywhere, especially since it works with the Synology NAS devices. Highly recommended to buy.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.