DX  » Community » Reviews » Ultra-thin Bluetooth V2.0 Music Receiver for Apple 30pin Speaker - White
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 4
Great for playing music. Not suitable for conference calls – Ultra-thin Bluetooth V2.0 Music Receiver for Apple 30pin Speaker - White Reviews

posted by sanderj on 05/31/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Wow: firmly built device. Plugs in easily into a iPod / iPhone dock. The device immediately plays a ding-dong sound through your speakers, so you knows that part is working. Connecting through Bluetooth is easy (tested with Android, iPad and Blackberry), and while connected, the device periodically gives a four-flash blue light. Sound is great
Cons:
It also 'snaps' the microphone from your phone. So apparently it presents itself as a microphone device too, which is not the case. The result: if you connect your phone, and you make a phone call, the other party won't hear anything. Pity; this way you can't use it for loudspeaker / conference calls. It did not work via a certain Apple dock. After connecting it directly to the Apple cable, it worked.
Other:
Tested with: I-WAVE in a logitech speaker, worked great with my Samsung Android I-WAVE in a Apple dock: no sound I-WAVE directly to Apple cable: worked great with Samsung Android, iPad and Blackberry
Bottomline:
Great device. Would be perfect it wouldn't snap the MIC so that I could use it to do phone calls with only the sound over the speaker (and still using the MIC of my phone)

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections