DX  » Community » Reviews » Ultrafire WF-502B 1W UV Flashlight with Clip (3.4V~8V Input)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Love this model – Ultrafire WF-502B 1W UV Flashlight with Clip (3.4V~8V Input) Reviews

posted by gearhounds on 03/29/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
Light itself is solid and robust. Clip acually works as a clip and not something that just grabs stuff in your pockets. Obviously puts out UV, or else all the stains I'm finding wouldn't show up. Good for finding stains around the john (yuc), sink, and kitchen counter. Also shows security strips in cash quite well. Brings out some inclusions in my mineral collection. Alas, no scorpions in my neck of the woods so unable to determine if those critters show up.
Cons:
Wish it was less purple light, and more invisible UV. Also came assembled with a plastic disc with a conducting rivet installed flush in the positive end of battery tube which is USELESS and causes contact issues. Seriously, I have no idea what purpose it serves other than retaining batteries when the light head is removed. Mine was easily removed, and good riddance.
Other:
The 502b is a great host for pretty much all the P60 style inserts available. I got sku 11621 Q5 1 mode and this light performs very well with it. When using primary cr123's it is brighter than my C2 q5. In fairness, the C2 is running a 18650. Also takes my trustfire recessed unprotected 18650 batteries but for some reason, not the unprotected Trustfire with the raised positive pole (slightly thicker) so I wouldn't even try the Ultrafire gray protected 18650's. Is a little less intense with 18650's but that is to be expected.
Bottomline:
Paired with a good P60 insert such as the Q5 or R2, this light is a good choice for any good flashaholic.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections