DX  » Community » Reviews » Helping Third Hand Soldering Stand w/ 5X Magnifying Glass
Sort by:
7 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:866 (86%)
  • 4 Star:141 (14%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    A must have for electronics hobbyists

posted by Sherlock3 on 03/14/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    This is a great little tool - better than I expected for the price. You can adjust it to just about any angle you want. The spring in the crocodile clips are nice and strong. The magnification is strong enough to see all the detail you need to see.
    Cons:
    I am not aware of any cons although it is smaller than I expected, however, it is big enough for my needs
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Third hand? Try more like Third and Fourth!

posted by mechanicmike on 12/11/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    This thing is awesome. I'm always repairing electronics, and the third hand helps so much. Hold item very well and has strong grip to do so. You don't get burned trying to hold wires in your hands anymore. Magnifier glass works great to see little stuff I w...
    Cons:
    Base is a little light in weight.
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Everyone needs a helping hand

posted by bmagyar on 11/17/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    I like the simple design and the cast iron base is stabilizing the hands nicely. The alligator clips are capable of holding most of the stuff needed to solder and the magnifier is a cool addition when soldering really tiny parts. It's easy to rearrange the ...
    Cons:
    The cast iron base could be a bit more wide on the bottom for more stability. The alligator clips are sometimes damaging the ou...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Now I have a third hand, which helps me when soldering - and it's wonderful

posted by anbara on 08/10/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    necessary thing for people who can hold a soldering iron in his hand :) does not take up much space, small and easy to use, keep your clips much detail and do a good job
    Cons:
    stand could be a bit on the heavier and with holes for fastening the workbench
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    A base with good weight which makes working with large pieces, small or dif

posted by MostroCesar on 06/08/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Novice  (still getting used to it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    price quality go hand in hand, a good complement to the need for these tasks trabajo.super complex and wide precicion, which can not fail olo pulse that is watching you can not lose any detail. Precicion work neatly and with the equipment or coat rack. Comf...
    Cons:
    A shame that its embers are not a bit longer and bring a set of pliers or clamps of different sizes which would make it more ve...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great idea of a product but not yet there

posted by yarash on 05/16/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    It looks great, it is very useful for soldering small electronics. It feels also pretty strong and solid...... It may be adjusted with many different bolts.
    Cons:
    The base is too small so if the arms and the magnifying glass are not set in a balanced way it may fall over even if there is n...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Helping Third Hand

posted by BrownMuffin on 04/10/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Very useful when working with small electronic parts, hold the PCB and have your hands free to do the soldering. I didn't used the magnifying glass while working, but i think it is very useful when working on SMD parts.
    Cons:
    The bottom part is cast iron and very heavy, but my desk is made out of glass so it will slide over my dest when working, it is...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections