DX  » Community » Reviews » OTG Connection Kit + Card Reader for Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7510/P7500/P7300/P7310 - Black
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 4
could be better – OTG Connection Kit + Card Reader for Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7510/P7500/P7300/P7310 - Black Reviews

posted by pss2010 on 12/13/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Connects and detects better then some of the other 30pin to usb cables for samsung detected usb and sd card (non micro)
Cons:
loose fitting.. if wiggle will disconnect try not to bump it while copying mine one had a sticker over where the switch went? I dont see a switch perhaps they removed it as theirs no logo saying usb or sd either doesnt have a charge socket so can boost the usb devices attached or charge tablet without disconnecting not sure if can connect a usb cable from the port to the charger? bulky.. would be better to have a 10cm cable from it to socket as you have to lay tablet flat while using it otherwise
Other:
if you have a problem it might be power (not enough). if just a key drive just insert them first and connect the device.. same for other cables I found. this is for galaxy note 10.1 it will detect high power device when its not and disble the USB key
Bottomline:
good idea but could be better the bottom socket on galaxy is a real pain.. most other tablets provide side usb and hdmi.. the socket at bottom is for docks.. but when you want it in a leather cover with slots for watching videos.. the bottom socket is a pain so need a small plug and flexible cable which is long enough to have at the side and the plug design should have little feet so can rest tablet on it and not stress it..

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections