DX  » Community » Reviews » Universal Metal Flashlight Mount (1.1cm ~ 3.9cm) 2-Pack
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Durable, Useful Mount – Universal Metal Flashlight Mount (1.1cm ~ 3.9cm) 2-Pack Reviews

posted by newquaker on 12/06/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
This is a well-made mount with a specialty purpose. Bundled in a pair with accompanying wrench. The mount is durable metal, painted black, with precision bolts. Easy to use. Great price.
Cons:
It takes some dexterity to line up the two ends of the mount, but it seems easiest to use when opened to its widest setting. Does not have any coating inside the mounts: if you are mounting this metal-on-metal, you might consider putting a soft material (like leather) between mount and the mounted surface.
Other:
I used one to mount a Cree tactical flashlight (SKU 3607) onto the magazine tube of my Mossberg 500 shotgun. It's an amazing combination. I bought some leather at a crafts store and cut it to fit under the mounts so it wouldn't scratch the paint on my tube.
Bottomline:
Durable, well-made, easy-to-install. Good price.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections