DX  » Community » Reviews » Universal Metal Flashlight Mount (1.1cm ~ 3.9cm) 2-Pack
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Great Value Flashlight Mount – Universal Metal Flashlight Mount (1.1cm ~ 3.9cm) 2-Pack Reviews

posted by JohnTRN on 01/22/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
You can't beat the price for this Universal Flashlight Mount. Then you get two of them and shipped free, it just gets better. Perfect fit for my SureFire 6P and weapon mounting. Easy installation with included Allen Wrench. Received one wrench for each mount. Perfect fit on gun barrel. May fit a Picatinny Rail.
Cons:
Can twist on barrel; further tightening to prevent twisting may deform center of bracket inward. This is not as sturdy as a regular scope mount. This is going to mar the finish on my Parkerized gun barrel, as it would with a Blued barrel. It would be nice if a piece of thermal stable, high friction plastic, was included with the set. For my use, Gloss Black finish will need to be repainted to a Flat Black finish.
Other:
If you're looking for an inexpensive system to mount a tactical light on a rifle, this would be a good start. I'd like to see something like this for a 12-Guage shotgun barrel.
Bottomline:
Go ahead and get one to get started with. You won't beat the price.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections