DX  » Community » Reviews » SHIMANO 3 x 7 21 Speed Mountain Shifters Kit - Black (Pair)
Sort by:
5 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:1005 (100%)
  • 4 Star:00 (0%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Super!

posted by hurt138 on 12/04/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Great set of breaks, came packaged well and are very well built, good looking, and easy to install.
    Cons:
    They do not come with break cables, so you will need to order them separately. The gear cables are included and installed into ...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great set of Shifters

posted by ZL2KHZ on 02/14/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Easy to fit and very easy to setup breaks work very well now and the gear change is very easy especially when cycling at speed if I have need of another set I would buy these. The positioning is great and not easy to damage if you fall off your bike on an u...
    Cons:
    Tricky to set up the 3 speed but only for the amount of time it takes with small adjustments to get it just right.
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    shimano mountain bike shifters

posted by 92419 on 02/02/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Well, the shifters looks wonderful. easy to put together if you are changing from a old shifter. comes with the cord for the shifters only, which you would not have to buy. feels like it can last for quite awhile. great bargain for a price like this. the nu...
    Cons:
    it doesn't have cord for the brake so if you are making your own bike, you will have to buy those. other then that nothing else.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    good shifters recommended

posted by aaaaaasdasdasda on 11/16/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    I Needed a replacement for old gear system shifters. I did not wanted to spent to much to the old bikes. Quality is excellent, absolutely not the usual cheap Chinese crap . Cables were long enough. All screws were high quality. Brake cables did fit nicely. ...
    Cons:
    Packing could be better. They were dumped lose in air-bubble envelope. Luckily they did not break. On the product no cons.
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great shifters

posted by ineflavio on 10/23/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Shifts the gear with almost no effort, just gently push/pull the triggers. The 7 gear one can shift up to 3 gears at a time. The cable seems good, didn't streach after installed as I saw happaning to another shifter
    Cons:
    It's hard to see what gear you are on as the wheel that show it will end up facing the front of the bike.
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections