Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month
Zoom is great.
I took videos and stills at a stage play and it worked great.
I took close-ups of eagles which turned out great.
Works great for well-lit objects.
I use it solo as a spotting scope.
I use it in reverse for a microscope.
- The case did not fit my 3gs.
- I cracked the case and eventually snapped the lens off.
- The lens holder separated cleanly from the original case.
- I super-glued (gorilla super-glue) it on a new case.
- Pictures are darker, but I expect that through any add-on lens.
- It is not a zoom: zoom=adjustable focal length.
- It is more of a monocular with focus, or a telescope.
I ordered a clear case which fit my 3gs, super-glued the lens adapter to the new case. It has worked very good.
I have to remember to treat it gentle.
I use the lens without the 3gs first to get focus, then I mount it on the iPhone to take pictures or video.
I am very satisfied and I get lots of comments on taking good distance pictures with my iPhone 3gs.
If you can remount it on a good case, like I did, and can treat it gentle, and expect a slightly darker image; then get it. Good price.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.