DX  » Community » Reviews » 30-Pin to USB Female Data OTG Cable for Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (10CM-Length)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Power in simplicity – 30-Pin to USB Female Data & Charging Cable for Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (10CM-Length) Reviews

posted by sensei88 on 10/27/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
Great to connect: - USB flash memory (not possible to use with USB HDD because of limited output power of Galaxy Tab's USB host) - USB mise and keybors (works perfect) - USB printers (compatible only with Samsung printers or you need to get root access to patch Android) - Maybe it is possible to connect some other USB devices like external USB GSM modem, WiFi adapter or smth else after getting root access and patching your device)
Cons:
It was rather hard to plug it the first time. I even thought it doesn't fit my device. But after several in-out pluggings it becomes to plug just like an original accessories. So I think it's not a real problem. The plug has not any mark to know the front/back side. Original accessories have "SAMSUNG" on the front side. Some no-original devices have an arrow or plug-sign on the front side. This one has nothing so you need to look at the plug (that is not comfortable in the dark)
Other:
The power of this device is in it's simplicity and very small size. You can put it into your pocket or valler or somewhere else and you don't remember about it until you need it. And (that is important) look at its prise! You never can get an original accessory on the same price!
Bottomline:
I use it Samsung GalaxyTab 7.7 P6800 16Gb. This simple plug hepled me to print my presentation on printer and to connect USB drives to share files with another people. No I don't need to take laptop with me every day to do simple operations in mobile manner. My GT and this plug together are a lot closer to PC than just one GT without this plug.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections