DX  » Community » Reviews » Replacement Housing Case for NDS Lite (Translucent White)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Almost everything you need... – Replacement Housing Case for NDS Lite (Translucent White) Reviews

posted by Gr1zz on 06/28/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
It's a great replacement for the stock case. Like many, the left hinge on my DS Lite was cracked, which eventually led to the top screen coming off.
Save yourself the grief of needing a new screen too, get this when you see the cracks forming. It will take you from the shame of cracked hinges to a sparkling DS you will be proud to show off.
This kit has almost everything you need in one package. Doing it yourself is a very rewarding experience.
Cons:
I don't know if they are all like the one I got, which was missing the "light pipe" that fits in the right-hand hinge.
The screw for the battery compartment doesn't have the retaining clip that the stock DS-Lite has, the clip from the original doesn't fit, and the original screw won't fit in this case, but it's not a problem if you never change the battery (like most people).
Other:
The hardest part of installing this, for me, was getting the springs in place for the L and R shoulder buttons. Take your time with this one, and you shouldn't have any trouble.
It can be helpful to have some small sticks, like toothpicks, to help get the springs in place.
Other than a pair of screwdrivers, and the circuit boards from a stock DS Lite, this is all you need to rebuild a really neat game system.
Now if only I could find a clear case for the SuperCard Lite, so it will look like a part of the system instead of an add-on...
Bottomline:
What more can be said? It does a great job of keeping the DS Lite's insides inside itself, it looks fantastic, and you will no longer need to take apart your DS just to see what the insides look like.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections