Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month
- Fits easily to my EF-S 18-55 IS (450D Kit objective)
- Never visible in the image frame, i.e. it has the correct dimensions for 18 mm.
- Not large enough to ever get in the way. Always on the objective.
- Softens any bump to the objective, since it is not completely hard plastic.
- Looks good
- Only blocks light coming in at very wide angle, but this is more a limitation of the objective since the front turns on focus and therefore the hood has to be symmetric (unlike e.g. SKU 10916).
- Slightly tight to take on or off. Be careful not to break your objective's focus.
A cap with central grip like SKU 5485 is probably a good combination with this hood, as the lens cap becomes slightly less easy to remove.
Recommended buy. Removes some light, gives some protection against bumps and is really not in the way (given that it fits your bag).
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.