posted by sekihoutai on 01/17/2009
Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week
- Bought for canon xsi 18-55 mm IS lens and fits decently well
- Great replacement or buy if you don't have a hood already
- doesn't look too bad compared to real ones
- not visible when shooting without flash
- it will be visible when you use the internal flash at 18 MM range and above 35ish mm. Basically when your lens is extended phyiscally
- a little tough to put on at first, be sure to put your ring on MF to reduce risk of damaging motor.
Provides protection and blocks out the light that does not form images.
Try going for a lens hood in the shape of a pedal, i bought that one as well. Circular hoods do not block out light as well as pedal form. However, pedal will be longer.
buy it to protect your lens from abuse. Take it off when you use flash.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.