DX  » Community » Reviews » BAOFENG UV-3R 1.4" LCD 2W 136~174 / 400~470MHz Dual Band Walkie Talkie - Black
Sort by:
8 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:756 (75%)
  • 4 Star:252 (25%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Radio VHF

posted by diazsaez on 04/15/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    A very light radius, with a range of 3-4 km. It has a battery life 1-2 days intermediate passive mode. It can be charged from any USB adapter (computer, car adapter) Can be programmed. The screen has good lighting.
    Cons:
    No programar.La incorporates antenna cable is hard to find parts, the PTT button is a bit hard, in general is quite good but is...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great radio

posted by tyburny on 02/16/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    A good choice for the beginners in amateur radio due to its simplicity and low cost. because of its low cost since this machine does not work anymore it is not necessary to repair despair simply buy a new one that is cheaper than repair.  The battery l...
    Cons:
    For the price that was paid no what do complain
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Cheap and works great

posted by ozkurito on 10/28/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    What I like about this little rig..is the fact that I can drop it in my shirt pocket and go, or my vest pocket, 2.5 watts I'm talking all over the county, on low power I can sit in my living room and hit the main county repeater which from my house is about...
    Cons:
    I would say that the programming software was crap, never could get it to work on my old Toshiba laptop, unfortunately my Toshi...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Whole lot of features in a small package!

posted by Blaja on 10/04/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Band width - it is little widened so that it covers different band regulations. Small size, fits into palm of your hand. Menus prety easy to access. Enough power taking into account low voltage battery. The price...similar gadgets from known makers cost man...
    Cons:
    Plastic body could be little harder. Control buttons are little hard to engage, could be much more sensitive to touch. What a h...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very Happy

posted by Parasz on 09/30/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    For the size and price... this thing is perfect. it is no powerhouse at all,.... but it does pull UHF and VHF very well. Perfect for FRS and GMRS (with license) The flashlight is a bit weak, but useful. Can be easily programmed via PC. (i highly recomm...
    Cons:
    no programming cable. but easy enough to build your own. Small size and low wattage may turn some people off. software comes ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Working all ok!

posted by ozkurito on 06/29/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Wanting something small and simple and cheap that I could toss into my briefcase when travelling, this little HT seems to serve this purpose well. I read completely through the skimpy manual three times before trying to program the radio. The manual seems t...
    Cons:
    None
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Practical, light two-way radio

posted by bit15 on 06/27/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    This is a dual 2m-70cm band radio. 2 watts of transmitting power. It allows to receive any two frequencies simultaneously, both frequencies are displayed. Transmission is possible on only one frequency at a time. Includes an FM radio and an LED flashligh...
    Cons:
    Can't see any.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice little radio.

posted by bit15 on 06/15/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    It's a dual band 2w radio covering the 2m (136-174) band, and the 70cm (400-470) band. Is possible to monitor two different frequencies simultaneously while transmitting on one, the frequency on the upper side of the display is the one enabled to transmit. ...
    Cons:
    Switching the transmission frequency is a little awkward. The connections hatch isn't flexible enough.
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections