View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 3
  • Usefulness: 5
Nifty gadget with good value for money – Car High to Low Impedance Converter Adapter Reviews

posted by hne on 06/28/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Reasonably compact, versatile, cheap, solid construction with two plastic halves held together with screws, proper strain relief.
Cons:
The high level signal cables have very thin strands in a very stretchy silicon-like insulation which makes it a bit hard to strip for installation. They are also not marked with left/right, but you can guess that quite easily by looking at the colour on the RCA connector for the same side of the PCB. Set-up would have been easier if the trimpot on the output voltage divider had had some sort of indication of which way to turn it to get a higher output level. I also find the max output level a little bit low for my use case.
Other:
Not bad at all and I wouldn't have been able to make my own for a lower price. It probably wouldn't have been properly marked if I did it myself either so I really cannot deduct any points for lack of marking on the casing.
Bottomline:
Good value for money. Definite buy if you want to connect either a wireless audio transmitter to a Speaker B output of a surround receiver like I did or connect an extra amplifier to a speaker output on your car stereo like it was built to do.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections