DX  » Community » Reviews » EasyCAP 4-Channel 4-Input USB 2.0 DVR Video Capture/Surveillance Dongle
Sort by:
22 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:327 (32%)
  • 4 Star:5512 (55%)
  • 3 Star:92 (9%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:51 (5%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

95% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 2
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Useful for Linux with limitation

posted by wertpavel on 03/27/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    External USB grabber it's important for me. Labeled connectors. USB extender cable. Small size.
    Cons:
    I was hoping that I would get a device on Syntek chip. I need this one for using in Linux OS with kernel driver. This item have...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good product, but not very good software

posted by Ghnommik on 01/28/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Fast delivery. Strong package. CD with all software (drivers and video capture program inside). Auto install software. Fast auto find and recognized my cameras.
    Cons:
    Software not friendly - need upgrade. (Dont have options for quality of video/audio, dont have settings of language - english ...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great dongle

posted by mitjau on 11/29/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Easy to use, small with sound input. Perfect for using with notebook for aligning cameras or temporary usage in places. Plastic does not feel cheap, and software is useful if not used for professional services.
    Cons:
    Housing is not very sturdy, it may go apart if you accidently pull the wires asside. Software doesn't seem to work on x64 Windo...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Leave to be desired

posted by Atostes88 on 08/01/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Works well only in versions of Win XP & Win did test already were not as satisfactory. Outside ist use in win xp monitar is excellent for a small house for short periods of time works very well. Software that comes jutno is very practical.
    Cons:
    It does not work very well in Win7. You need different software that comes on CD and a research version of the drive for Win7
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    works great with the Wind Turbine Trainer!

posted by funskymcdoogle on 09/04/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    inexpensive and opens up a world of possibilities.We include it with our Wind Turbine Trainer that is going global this year.(google search and you will find). Allows us to use inexpensive security cams arranged in sequential order to demonstrate the entir...
    Cons:
    Some issues with installing in windows 7, but have seen it work before.The trick is finding the right tech to make it work, ide...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    review for EasyCAP

posted by mmjjookk on 05/06/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Usb device - very convenient and easy to use. Pack also has a short USB extender - I planted the idea to hide camera wires with device away from my computer for the aesthetics. Installs quickly with no problem on xp and win7. Quality of image is good. ...
    Cons:
    With own software records video in a sort of secret files, which I even did't realize how to open. As it is said it records f...
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    not good for home surveillance

posted by raido on 01/19/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    price, idea of 4 channels in one device for surveillance device is good, only it would be nice if such device would be able to record 25 frames per channel.
    Cons:
    I could not get it working under 64 bit xp. It asked for some dll which was not availlable for 64 bit windows and 32 bit versio...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works well for the price

posted by igor3dm on 08/12/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Cheap, Plug and Play (USB), easy of use. Works in Windows 7 64bits!! (Not with the drivers it comes. Just search for "FreshKiNg27- Easycap Driver for Win7 64-bit" and "USB-AVCPTSetup_For_Win7" in google and you'll find what you need). It...
    Cons:
    Couldn't manage to use the 4 channels. I can use only the Channel 2, don't know why. The software it comes with is bad, and doe...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 1
    • Quality: 2
    • Usefulness: 1
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Poor software, unit failed after one hour

posted by SMSLB on 06/06/2010

Pros:
    Cheap
    Cons:
    I only needed the audio portion of the device but the supplied software insisted that you save a video track as well. So I set ...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Not too bad a deal

posted by steverrobertson on 06/06/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Incredible price so I had to get one. It shows all four cameras on a split screen, or you can focus on one and it takes the whole window.
    Cons:
    I run Windows XP on a dual core system. I can only record camera 1. The video movement cycles around each camera for a few se...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 3
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections