DX  » Community » Reviews » LED Illuminated Cheaters Magnifier with 3 Magnifier Glasses (1.5X/2.5X/3.5X)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 3
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 2
  • Ease Of Use: 3
  • Usefulness: 5
Cheap and Useful – LED Illuminated Cheaters Magnifier with 3 Magnifier Glasses (1.5X/2.5X/3.5X) Reviews

posted by neilo on 08/01/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
This kind of tool is indispensable for close-up work on electronics, crafts etc. This is a way to gain access to a cheap version of something that would normally be prohibitively expensive. I find the three different lenses to be useful, normally I use the middle power. The light is excellent, putting the light just where it is needed.
Cons:
The whole thing is a bit fragile. The build quality could be better. Mine came with a wrongly fixed nose piece so I had to bend the nose piece wires to get it to fit. The field of view is a bit restricted, the lenses could be bigger.
Other:
The light is great, but it's a pity the batteries are so small. They can't hold much juice.
The cardboard box it comes in is useful for storage, with places for the different lenses (and a screwdriver for the battery box). But, you can't quite fit it in the box in the assembled state.
Bottomline:
I've just ordered my second one. But, I'd like a better quality version.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections