DX  » Community » Reviews » Waterproof Water Tight High Powered 1W LED Module (12V/White)
Sort by:
9 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:898 (89%)
  • 4 Star:111 (11%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Bright !

posted by lofud on 03/31/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Very well made indeed. Solid metal (aluminum) casing and thick strong lens. Clean clear light. Very bright. i brought 2 of them for my garden to light up the trees at night, turns out i only need 1 as its ample. im sure i will find a use for the other one s...
    Cons:
    really there isnt any...maybe the screw holes could be bigger or i could just get smaller screws maybe
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excellent Unit

posted by glasseye2 on 04/26/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Performs exactly as advertised. Clean, clear light. Slightly blue to the camera, but to the eye, it's daylight. More than bright enough at 6 feet. I use one for reading at about 2ft. I installed three of these in my van and run them from a recycled compu...
    Cons:
    Mounting holes are very small. I had to drill them out to fit a #6 screw. A slightly bigger diameter mounting flange would be...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 3
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice!

posted by fabelizer on 02/04/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    White Light. Nice case finish and build. Good current specs. Wide voltage range of operation. @12V DC, 190mA measured. @5V DC, 290mA measured. No noticeable change in brightness from 5-14V DC. Self regulating, no external resistor or driver needed.
    Cons:
    No dimming control.
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    A pleasant surprise

posted by VladanM on 01/17/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Very well made, housing, LED, lens and wiring all appear high quality. Bright, even and nice color light. As close to daylight color temperature as I've seen on a LED. Haven't tested, but have no reason to doubt it's waterproof. Runs just lukewarm. Shoul...
    Cons:
    It would be nice if there was a choice of where the wires are coming out. I'm thinking the back of the case would be very good ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Hottub leds

posted by jormatus on 12/19/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Very bright light with nice white light. Looks really nice under water with skyblue tub. It was so cheap that i didn't believe it will be really waterproof but it is. Total amount of money tub lightning was about 50 euros including: - 4 leds - 7 meters w...
    Cons:
    You should tell what drivers are compatible with it. I bought one but leds were blinking..
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Chassis in solid aluminium

posted by Rodsten on 08/15/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Novice (still getting used to it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    The module is made in solid aluminium. Good build quality. I asked for parallel wiring (both wires on one side) and got them as ordered.
    Cons:
    Nothing negative at this time.
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great prodcut

posted by leemobai on 07/07/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Small and compact. Becareful when you first turn it on. I was looking at the light and was almost blinded. Not a bad price point considering less brigher units are more expensive. The existing reviews are on the mark.
    Cons:
    Wire leads are a bit short. Becareful not to rip them off as it would be difficult to repair. It had a very focused beam - not ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Bright

posted by l4dzk on 02/07/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    I am using them for landscape spot lighting. Very bright white light. Seems much brighter than my neigbor's 10 watt halogens. Seems waterproof. The wires are pre-leaded and are about 6 inches longs. Beam is relatively wide. Seems to hold up to rain fo...
    Cons:
    Some are as pictured with black and red wires coming from opposite ends which I personally don't like since I am jamming these ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Bright little lights!!

posted by Tourniquet on 07/01/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    These things are BRIGHT! I installed them as indirect deck lighting under my railing on my deck and it looks awesome! I used a 30 watt waterproof transformer and wired them all in parallel. Very easy to install. I even put one in my pool for night time swim...
    Cons:
    I ordered 17 of them and one of them gets really hot and turns of after about 1 minute...too expensive to ship back for just on...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections