DX  » Community » Reviews » 1.5" LCD 200mm Digital Caliper with Case (1 x AG13)
Sort by:
9 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:676 (67%)
  • 4 Star:333 (33%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great quality tool for longer measurements

posted by acarolus on 10/13/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    This tool makes everything very simple. One buttom to switch digital reading on and off. One buttom to reset back to zero and a buttom to switch between inches and mm. Max 205,82 mm. Everything a professional caliper needs to do: external,internal,depth, st...
    Cons:
    The only thing I can think of is perhaps the storage box made of plastic which could be better, but I never use the box as this...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Once you go Digital you dont go back!

posted by Tobbelobban on 08/27/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Compared to a original Caliper where you read the scale by "eye" This is a delight to use. Suddenly you will measure all kind of stuff just because the ease of it ! Clear and good display and very good with a spare battery.
    Cons:
    The Case is a bit large, could have been a bit slimmer and it would have been good with some kind of lock to prevent the Calipe...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Large but precise caliper

posted by hdeboo on 07/10/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Large caliper is ideal if you need to work very precise on larger work pieces Works very fast Feels very solid with quality finish. The casing will protect it nicely The spare battery is a very nice surplus.
    Cons:
    The casing was slightly damaged during transport so I'm not sure how long the casing will last when used regularly It's digita...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good quality

posted by bchendran on 06/30/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Superb quality stainless steel metallic construction, cheap ( AG13) battery- SR44/LR44 compatible, spare battery supplied, good battery life, quality plastic enclosure, good ergonomy, 200 milimetres (actually 205 milimeters) lenght, metric /imperial switch,...
    Cons:
    The price point is a little high for this kind of product, utilisation could be smoother. Accuracy affected in humid and cold e...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Okay for the price

posted by brenoi on 03/12/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    It works ok for its price, its long enough so it helps me with all my projects. I like the fact it has both inches and mm on it. It came in a solid case, I liked it.
    Cons:
    Not really, just could be a little bit better polished. It works fine, precise enough for my usage.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Exactly what I expected

posted by luiz999 on 02/12/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    I compared the measure with another digital vernier caliper and the measure is almost the same with + / - .01 mm of difference, almost nothing. I'm very happy with it. I keep measuring every thing with this and is of great trust the measurements. It came wi...
    Cons:
    may be the battery will die in a short time but that's not a problem because you can change it very easily with another one so ...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 3
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    decent

posted by aeronautical on 02/09/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    It is designed to work on a 200 mm scale. came in a black plastic casing came with a spare battery
    Cons:
    for this price, the edges are not so smooth. the digital sensor housing can delivered loose! I had zeroing issues initially. s...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice caliper that works well and reliably

posted by jopjop03 on 12/26/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    -very easy to use -accurate -If you need a caliper this is very good candidate. I was skeptic about the digital measuring being accurate but I tested it many times by pulling it fast to the end and then closing it back again and it always showed 0. This mea...
    Cons:
    -While moving the measuring part it feels a little rough. Some grease or other lubricant might help(?). -There seems to be som...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    caliper very good!

posted by irael on 05/10/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    Excellent, precise tool. Can measure depth and internal/external diameters - that's all, the caliper should be able to do. And this one does very well! :) Has a spare battery (not a significant pro, as I would loose it anyway, lol) Comes with case, which do...
    Cons:
    but no more than that. Case plastic could be better. Machined a little rudely - edges are sharp. But both are not a con for me ...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections