Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day
I know it seems cliche to rate it a straight 5 in everything, but this tripod really deserves it! DX doesn't list the features, so I'll list them under "Other Thoughts".
This tripod (Fancier FT-6662A) is extremely sturdy and loaded with all kinds of useful features. You'll really notice the difference over a discount tripod.
-The rubber feet leave black scuff marks on wood floors. No way, rubber scuffs? Stop the presses! In any case, it's not a big deal at ALL and comes up very easily.
- Instruction manual had no English translations, and the printed pictures were of very poor quality, both in printing quality and in clarity of what they're trying to convey. It's very simple intuitive though, so you shouldn't have any problem.
Here are the unlisted features for this tripod:
- NEARLY ALL METAL! The legs and head are made out of aluminum (head is solid aluminum, legs are hollow), the ball itself is made out of magnesium. The flip locks are plastic, and so are the knobs.
- Self-locking camera plate. When you pull the release handle back, a pin raises. When you push the plate back into the shoe, the release handle snaps back into place.
- Secondary lock for the release handle, so you don't accidentally release your camera.
- Pull-locks that allow you to rotate the tripod legs out to almost 90 degrees.
- Two spirit levels (one on shoe, one on main body) plus a compass on the main body.
- Centre column can be raised. It's also reversible, but you'll rarely need it because there's also a 1/4 screw on the bottom of the column. Great for macro work.
- Rubber feet with retractable metal spikes (good for outdoors, for extra stability).
- Removable head, so you can buy your own head to use with the legs.
Continued in Bottomline.
- Although it has no degree marks, the head can rotate on the spot for good panoramas.
- Foam around the legs so that your hands don't get cold.
- Extremely sturdy tripod with a smooth ball head. Adjust ball head friction by turning the knob.
- The camera plate has a cork covering. Your camera WILL NOT wiggle on it, unlike some cheaper plastic or rubber ones.
- Very high quality carrying case comes with it.
If you need a stable, all-metal tripod that can handle daily use, but you're on a restrictive budget, get this one. You won't be disappointed.
Keep an eye out for my customer images coming soon.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.