View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Good quality set, good selection – 30-Piece Precision Screwdrivers Set with Case Reviews

posted by vagservice on 04/26/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
Excellent selection of bits. The metal bit holder extension is useful to get in some tight locations, as you may know if you've bought sets without it and you needed to get the bit in a blind hole. The quality of the bits is impressive - these aren't about to get chewed up too easily. And the flip-up bit plastic bit holders are actually quite nice - largely due to the way that the bits are fitted into a hole instead of pushing sideways into a slot. I've got a set from DX that doesn't have this feature and it is a pain
Cons:
I received the set missing 2 bits - the 3.5mm slot and the 2.5mm hex. Not a big deal since I have those bits elsewhere, but everything was immaculate so it seemed strange that these were missing. Also, you can't (easily) use the driver on a bit without the bit extension. The extension can slide all the way in the driver handle so it's not functionally a problem, just takes a second to get it ready to use
Other:
Bottomline:
I like it. Despite what I wrote about the extension under cons I'd actually prefer to have it this way than without the extension at all. It's really useful. And as I said the quality of the bits is quite good.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections