View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 3
  • Usefulness: 4
Unlocked, works with many Australian SIM cards – Genuine AT&T 3G WIFI 802.11b/g Wireless Router Reviews

posted by gcebiker on 12/29/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
Slightly convoluted setup required , would not be so hard if it came with an in depth 'how to' Manual. But once set up performs brilliantly, great signal strength even for sims in marginal areas. Works perfectly with Aussie sim cards
Cons:
Will not charge via USB, even from powerpoint, it does set this out in the manual, requires a separate CHARGING ONLY usb cable for it to be powered from a USB wall powerpoint. No Australian plug on wall adaptor but easy fix with small bend to plugs
Other:
Very flexible, in that it works with many different sims (yes i tested many brands), however the one i got was not new ???? Was a warranty repair from ATnT America, i hope it lasts the year out. Does require it to have a wireless connection to set it up and some of the setup you might need to do with the sim card out of it (as i did with one brand Sim). Start with out sim, configure your user name / pass for the 3G then put the sim in , not doing this way cost me a few days and a few choice swear words at it...
Bottomline:
Small , portable great for a hot spot. Able to be used around the home and connects up to four devices , perfect for the older model laptops that do not have built in three G and dont want to have a dongle hanging off the device while its sitting on your lap/table.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections