Nice and cheap little thermometer – Grill and BBQ Thermometer (-50C~300C) Reviews
posted by gkdotclass on 06/17/2008
Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month
* Good quality probe, easily piercer meat, etc.
* The sensor is in the very tip of the probe.
* Stable reading in a few seconds
* Can use just about anywhere, -50 to 300C (-58 to 572F) range (note, I haven't tested it to such extreme, but meat on the BBQ and freezer worked fine.
* Nice size
* "Remembers" the last used type, Celsius or Fahrenheit.
* Easy to clean
* Comes in a practical storage tube
* Automatically shuts off after 15 minutes
* Rubber buttons are a bit small but not really a big issue just need to press "On/Off" and "Hold" anyway. Never had a problem.
Uses one LR44 button battery (included), very easy to replace just unscrew the top.
I'm not sure if the display part is water-resistant but seeing that it's tightly contained between two O-rings and the rubber buttons it's very well possible.
A great little cooking and everyday thermometer at a fantastic price (I paid about this price for a small *mechanical* cappuccino thermometer here!)
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.