DX  » Community » Reviews » LCD Keypad Shield for Arduino Duemilanove & LCD 1602 (Works with Official Arduino Boards)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 2
  • Usefulness: 5
Excellent display! – LCD Keypad Shield for Arduino Duemilanove & LCD 1602 Reviews

posted by superball on 04/04/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
* Very bright. * Nice soldering (good quality imo). * CONFIRMED: Works with Arduino! * Also works using the standard LiquidCrystal library. Please note: The data-pins are -not- arranged as they are for the Hitachi-driver! Therefor, the Arduino Example-sketches will NOT work by default with this display! To make the display work, use the following sequence of pins when starting the library: LiquidCrystal lcd(8, 9, 4, 5, 6, 7); I LOVE this display! It's so easy + reading all the buttons only takes one analog in! (it adds up the analog value trough resistors)
Cons:
It doesn't say anything about the pin-setup for the liquidcrystal-library, so I had to find that out myself, which took an hour or so. Other than that I really can't find any cons with this display!
Other:
Me and many people I know wish that DX would start selling serial displays.. Since this display is parallell, it uses way more i/o ports on the Arduino than a serial display would have. I already knew this display was parallel when ordering it, so it's really not an issue with the display itself.
Bottomline:
This is -totally- worth the price! It's a bright and solid display that is easy to read and very simple to use with the Arduino!

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections