DX  » Community » Reviews » LCD Keypad Shield for Arduino Duemilanove & LCD 1602 (Works with Official Arduino Boards)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 4
Nice display worth the $$ – LCD Keypad Shield for Arduino Duemilanove & LCD 1602 Reviews

posted by marcelrv on 05/23/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
This is a nice shield. I use it with the nano which with a few wires from the shield to the nano works fine (you only need 8 wires to make it work, 6 data + 5V & GND) Display is clear & it is working with the standard LiquidCrystal library as long as you start it with LiquidCrystal lcd(8, 9, 4, 5, 6, 7) instead of the default from the sketches (actually as I do my own wiring for the nano I could easily match it if I wanted to)
Cons:
For me the potmeter was trimmed completely wrong. I thought the display was not working. (It lights up, buth nothing is seen) You need to spin the screw many times until something is visible. After I found that it worked like a charm. Too bad it took me lots of googling to find that simple resolution.
Other:
I really would like a case where this and the keys can be visually nice be stored, rather than trying to develop myself a matching case with keys
Bottomline:
Well worth the money, must have if you want to display data in a nice way in your project.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections