Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month
- Has a very clear LCD screen.
- Has a very nice and bright blue backlight.
- Its 2x16, so you'll have enough character headroom.
- Has buttons that make a menu structure easily available, these are connected to Analog pin 0.
- Has optional space to solder new headers on for connection on top of the LCD shield.
- It did not work at the start, because the contrast potmeter was turned the wrong way.
- The setup pins are different from the original Arduino programs. Remember to change the LCD setup line to "LiquidCrystal lcd(8, 9, 4, 5, 6, 7);" Only then it will work properly.
- The buttons work by adding an analog value to A0, but this does not detect multiple buttons.
- Some of the extra soldering points to solder headers onto, do not line up with the original headers.
For the the right contrast, you might have to tun the potmeter. If this is the case, get a screwdriver and start turning (10~20 turns at least), until you see yellow characters. Remember to run the Arduino LCD library test program first, otherwise no characters would even be on the screen.
- The buttons can be used by reading out the value on the A0 pin. This will be a value between 0~1023. Test out which button give what value, and use an IF statement of another structure to make out the various buttons. As previously mentioned, no more than one button can really be read: if you hold down the 'select' button, the A0 returns a value between 700 and 800. The 'right' button makes A0 return 0. Hold down both and the value will still be 0, so it looks like only the 'right' button has been pressed.
Great product, If I needed more, I'd buy it again without hesitation.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.