DX  » Community » Reviews » LCD Keypad Shield for Arduino Duemilanove & LCD 1602 (Works with Official Arduino Boards)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Good, but no Cyrillic support. – LCD Keypad Shield for Arduino Duemilanove & LCD 1602 Reviews

posted by pz3999 on 04/20/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Cheap enough (could be cheaper, but still). Very easy to use, snaps right onto the Arduino (mine's an Uno), bright, easy to read, uses the Standard LiquidCrystal library, but, as somebody else mentioned, use LiquidCrystal lcd(8, 9, 4, 5, 6, 7); at setup. There's a datasheet available online.
Cons:
To my surprise, the display on this shield does NOT support Cyrillic, so it's not very suitable for Europe and Russia. The shield could still be cheaper. Mine arrived with the headers slightly bent, but that's not much of a problem. It uses only a few pins, yet takes up all the space and it's impossible to use any other pins without additional soldering, since the shield covers them. The buttons are quite tricky to read.
Other:
None.
Bottomline:
A great LCD shield for beginners. Buy it if you want a LCD and simple controls (buttons) on a single assembly.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections