DX  » Community » Reviews » Genuine Ruby 005H Ball-Head with Quick Release Plate Adapter - Black (Loading-4KG)
Sort by:
6 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:1006 (100%)
  • 4 Star:00 (0%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Genuine Ruby 005H Ball-Head with Quick Release Plate Adapter - Black

posted by gamesh11 on 05/22/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    A very small price compared with others. Quality at a high level, flowing movements with a panorama. Is made of metal. This product was packed securely.
    Cons:
    though its a strong alloy but the finishing wont match with the standard of the Expensive Camera which is mounted. the bottom m...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Use it on a monopod

posted by Skygge666 on 05/15/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    - Small - Sturdy - Cheap - Not loose
    Cons:
    None for what I'm using it for apart from a wierd and unpractical quick release mechanism
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    It won't fail you for a medium duty job.

posted by mailel on 02/14/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    The PRICE can't be beaten by any brand name heads. The performance is at par either. With the fiction adjusted accurately, I don't have to turn the knob again to pan/tilt my 5 pounds gears in any angle.
    Cons:
    The smoothness is still cannot compare to some top of the line products (similar ball size). Remember that you had paid only o...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Affordable ball-head for tripod

posted by jfkavanagh on 01/24/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Inexpensive ball head with a smooth panning action. The finish is excellent. Its rated weight handling capability is comparable to tripod heads costing a great deal more.
    Cons:
    The attaching screw for the camera should be a wing type instead of a standard screw type. Otherwise very nice product.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Genuine Ruby 005H Ball-Head

posted by desachristopher on 11/04/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    very cheap compared to others in line, strong and Durable, the release plate is exact is size for my Canon 600D. so that i can access to the battery case. its great for still photography, but not for video.
    Cons:
    though its a strong alloy but the finishing wont match with the standard of the Expensive Camera which is mounted. the bottom m...
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice ball head

posted by maxalvarez on 05/29/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    - Very solid - Smooth movement - Independent tightening screw for horizontal turn and ball. - Tightening screws are very effective (I think hydraulic)
    Cons:
    The quick release mechanism is solid but somehow uncomfortable, you have to slide the plate from one side and once in place , t...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections