DX  » Community » Reviews » AA Powered USB Emergency Charger with LED Light (with Cell Phone Adapters)
Sort by:
11 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:364 (36%)
  • 4 Star:556 (55%)
  • 3 Star:91 (9%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Does the job well

posted by EugeneKay on 09/19/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Charges excellently - gives me plenty of extra web surfing time on either of my phones. Includes an assortment of small adapters - Barrel-type(new-style Nokia for sure, dunno what the rest are), a Motorola(I think?) adapter, and a MiniUSB. The flashlight wi...
    Cons:
    UV Light doesn't do a damn thing, but who cares? That's not why you're buying this. It charges your phone from AAs!
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Perfect portable charger

posted by jamesawesome on 06/25/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Product comes with all the adapters, and they all work. the little extension cable makes things easy as well. has a convient red light to let you know it is in "charging" mode so you dont kill all your batteries and even has a little led flash lig...
    Cons:
    Feels a little like you could break it easily if you arent careful with it. batteries are a little awkward to get in due to the...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    just works

posted by andery on 04/29/2009 Certified Owner

Pros:
    It works. Charges my communicator which requires USB power. Besides main functionality, UV light is at least interesting, could be used for checking money. Regular white LED is also present, probably someone needs it, too
    Cons:
    Battery door is about to break soon. Why does not it work in an opposite way, like sku 3205? (charging AA batterys from USB sou...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good when it works OK

posted by rbkantor on 10/16/2008 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Primarily bought it as a backup source of power for my GPS device. Also charged my nokia cellphone using two AA rechargeable batteries. Tried flashlight as well. It is good to see in the dark but not more than that. Build quality is ok
    Cons:
    UV light doesn't work. It did work one or two times but then it stopped working. Changing batteries didn't help - and other led...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 3
    • Price: 3
    • Quality: 2
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Could be useful

posted by Moppiilikuru on 10/13/2008 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Would be a necessary item for me as I plan to get rid of my Zune and start using my Nokia E71 with a 8Gb card for listening to MP3's on my travels.
    Cons:
    Mine arrived without any of the cables, thus making it totally useless. I'm sure Dealextreme will correct this, though. I have ...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Wonderful Charger

posted by akg7091 on 08/08/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Simply the best emergency cell phone charger available on DX. The charger uses two AA batteries and has a lot of connectors. It includes the new smaller pin nokia connector as well. It also has a money detecting UV LED and a normal white led which can be ...
    Cons:
    Slightly more bulky than the single AA chargers available at DX but has a much better build quality.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Handy Power Backup for the Road Warrior

posted by aeromark2 on 07/19/2008 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Well, this is a cheap little converter/adapter. It has a couple of other features that might come in handy, including the flashlight and UV light.
    Cons:
    Not much to it. I wouldn't say it is too rugged, but if it breaks or wears out I will simply pick up another.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good Cheap Charger

posted by dustint on 07/06/2008 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Has a uv light, handy for checking the authenticity of currency etc. Has a relatively bright led Charges my Phone Does the job,
    Cons:
    Came in a ugly bright blue color, (this is for 500 characters)(this is for 500 characters)(this is for 500 characters)(this is...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Useful Back-up charger

posted by Eddie188 on 06/26/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    A great product, build quality is rather good, the battery door is actually right for me. Easily charge almost every phone, gadget and USB powered devices. It can charge my old Motorola V3 which are known to not work with usb chargers. Comes with variety of...
    Cons:
    Drains an NiMh rechargeable batteries fairly quick, it drain a GP 2700mAh batteries after 10 minutes, didn't charged the device...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great charger

posted by Flyfisher1 on 05/29/2008 Certified Owner

Pros:
    This is a handy little charger. Insert two AA-batteries and you can fill your mobile phone or MP3-player whith power. (Works great whith my Nokia N95 and my Creative Zen-player.) I think its cheap. It comes whith several connectors. Includes a led ligth an...
    Cons:
    The battery door is not tight, no big problem though.
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections