Sort by:
8 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:383 (38%)
  • 4 Star:383 (38%)
  • 3 Star:252 (25%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good geological compass for students - with modifications

posted by Jering2009 on 03/03/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Has a clinometer. I add a bubble level, so it'll do accurate strike and dip readings after it's modded. Got the idea after seeing some modified Suuntos in Europe, except this is MUCH cheaper.
    Cons:
    Sticks in wet weather. And the dial doesn't provide enough purchase to turn it when it dows. I'm going to see if I can fix this...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Cheap Compass

posted by ZacMcKracken on 01/12/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    - it works - it is filled with some liquid (lets hope its oil) - has a mechanism to meassure how steep somesthing is - has a ruler for maps in the scale 1:50000 to measure distances - you can turn the ring on the top to adjust the declenation - built i...
    Cons:
    build quality is not the best can be collapsed, but the lock is weak hinge is weak too you cant take bearings of landmarks t...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excelent compass

posted by geofisica on 10/05/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Excellent compass, carcase in resistant acrylic mirror, good quality (comes with a protective film). The adjustment of declination is sufficiently accurate for most uses in the field, if you do not need exact measurements. The accuracy of the angles is cons...
    Cons:
    The inclinometer is a little hard and difficult to control, over time they get the hang of. The magnetic needle takes a while t...
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great Compass!

posted by mrninja on 09/22/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    -Has a mirror (Can be used as a signal also) -Liquid damped compass -A clinometer -Rotating bezel ring -When folded out you an use it as 1:50000km/mm ruler, map reading -A luminous direction point.
    Cons:
    -No line in the middle of the mirror? (DX could you add one please?) - Wished it came with a better lanyard? Using my safety re...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Not bad

posted by jzmtl on 06/17/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    This is an actual working mirror compass (not lensatic like the title claims), not some weird mirror/lensatic compass combination like sku 6720 which doesn't work as either. Compared it with my pro grade compass and it's pretty accurate. It also comes an in...
    Cons:
    The bezel is very hard to turn so needs two hand to work, although some silicone lube fixed it immediately. The mirror lacks a ...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 3
    • Quality: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Ok for the price

posted by Oyvas on 07/06/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    - The price - The compass and the device for measuring the angle works well. Perfect for measuring the angle of slopes when considering the risk of avalanches in the winter.
    Cons:
    - The hinges was broken when I got it, but for the price I did not bother to complain since it works. Tried to glue it but it c...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 3
    • Quality: 2
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    It works...

posted by maxpower66 on 06/04/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    - Great price and it does look pretty good as well. - mirror looks sharp - can hang around your neck - Great if you use km's as measurements.
    Cons:
    - The hinges are weak. - neck rope could be make with stronger material
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excellent mirror compass

posted by desolder on 07/14/2008 Certified Owner

Pros:
    This is a mirror compass, not a lensatic compass. I prefer this type since it is more accurate. - The compass body is clear so you can align it with a map underneath. - The compass inclues a built in clinometer, perfect for measuring vertical angles. - A pr...
    Cons:
    The ruler is in metric only. - There is no adjustment for magnetic declination like on my Silva Ranger, but hey it doesn't cost...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections